- What is IC System? + − Founded in 1938, IC System is a family-owned, privately held collection agency serving thousands of clients in industries such as healthcare, small business, financial services, government, communications, education, and utilities. IC System’s purpose is to improve financial outcomes for consumers and our clients. Our niche is to be the best, most trusted provider of receivables management services to original creditors. Visit About to learn more about IC System.
- How long has IC System been in business? + − Since 1938. Learn more on our About page.
- How does debt collection work? + − IC System delivers collection services catered to meet your office’s needs. After selecting your product and submitting accounts, we begin an intricate process of data scrubbing and optimization, followed by our collection services and ongoing support. Visit How it Works to learn the detail of each step in the collection system.
- Does IC System collect debts in my state? + − IC System is licensed and/or bonded in all 50 states, as well as Guam and Puerto Rico. Learn more about the importance of National Licensure.
- How does IC System ensure my consumer data is secure and confidential? + − IC System maintains compliance with the industry’s highest standards through our ironclad security network and regimented compliance protocols. Learn more on our Security page.
- For what types of businesses and institutions will IC System collect? + − IC System works with offices in dozens of industries, including, but not limited to, healthcare, dental, small and medium business, communications, government, education, utilities, and pest control. IC System provides collection services to original creditors only.
- How much does it cost to submit accounts to collections? + − IC System offers several options for collection services. The prices on these will vary depending on what service you choose. Learn more on our Programs & Rates page.
- What services do you offer? + − IC System has two distinct products that combine collection efforts via phone and letter with an effective consumer-friendly approach. Each of our products features optional services such as Credit Reporting, Credit Monitoring, Non-Litigation Attorney Referral, and more. Learn more on our Programs & Rates page.
- Why is a letter from a collection agency more effective than sending another invoice from me? + − IC System recommends that your office send initial collection letters. However, a collection letter from a collection agency demonstrates your seriousness about recovering the past-due balance on an account. Often just having a collection agency letterhead is enough to incite past-due consumers to pay. Visit How it Works to learn more about our collection system.
- Where does the money go when it is collected? + − All payments made to IC System are electronically deposited into our trust accounts. IC System then provides client remittances on a monthly basis via electronic ACH transfer or, if necessary, by paper check. Sometimes a consumer may make a direct payment to our client, in which case IC System can either bill the client for IC System’s portion of the payment or remove our fee from the client’s monthly remittance.
- How do I get my money? + − IC System provides client remittances on a monthly basis via electronic ACH transfer or, if necessary, by paper check.
- Do you offer Contingency Collections? + −
- What are the main differences between your two programs? + − Premier Collect is a contingency-based program that features the use of intensive collection efforts to recovery your past-due accounts. Recovery Plus is a two-phase program that begins in Phase I with a flat fee (no commission) letter service; in Phase II, accounts receive intensive collection efforts on a contingency fee.
- Do you offer a performance guarantee? + −
- How soon can I start submitting accounts? + −
- When should I submit accounts? + − The sooner, the better. IC System recommends submitting past-due accounts at anywhere from 30-90 days of delinquency. The longer you wait to submit accounts, the more difficult they are to recover. To receive more tips on how to handle past-due accounts, watch our Webinars.
- How many calls should I make before sending my account to collections? + − At the office level, IC System recommends one to two collection calls for each month of delinquency, perhaps more, before sending an account to collections. Depending on your office policies and practices, past-due accounts should be submitted for collection at anywhere from 30-90 days of delinquency. The earlier accounts are submitted, the more effective IC System can be on your behalf.
- How many letters should I send before sending my account to collections? + − IC System recommends at least one letter for each month of delinquency, perhaps more, before sending an account to collections. Depending on your office policies and practices, past-due accounts should be submitted for collection at anywhere from 30-90 days of delinquency. The earlier accounts are submitted, the more effective IC System can be on your behalf.
- Does IC System offer any way for me to check the status of my accounts? + − IC System’s client Online Tools provide a secure and convenient portal to submit accounts, manage your inventory, generate reports, and view statements to help you track and update your accounts. Our Online Tools are very user-friendly and provide a live look at collection efforts on your inventory. Learn more about Online Tools.
- Does IC System have an accessible way for me to ask questions and get timely answers about my accounts? + − Yes! IC System’s Client Service team is available Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm (CST). Client Service can be reached via a toll-free number or email. Additionally, we offer user-friendly Online Tools that allow you live access to your inventory. With Online Tools, you can submit accounts, manage your inventory, generate reports, and view statements to help you track and update your accounts. Learn more about Online Tools.
- How do you protect consumer data? + − IC System protects consumers with our ironclad security network and highly regimented compliance protocols. All security measures are tested by more than 50 annual audits and monitored 24/7/365. Visit our Compliance and Security page to learn more about the certifications and practices that IC System uses to keep our clients’ information safe and secure.
- Does IC System credit report? + − IC System offers an optional credit reporting service to clients that qualify. IC System reports our account experiences to three national credit-reporting agencies: Experian, TransUnion, and CBC Innovis.
- I am a consumer who has been contacted by IC System. What should I do? + − Please visit our Consumer Help page.
- How does my office submit accounts to IC System? + − IC System accepts accounts through our Online Tools. Accounts may be submitted individually or in bulk on an electronic file. If required, accounts may also be submitted by fax or mail.
- Will I talk to an actual person when I call for support/questions? + − Yes! IC System clients receive access to our friendly, helpful Client Service team. Client Service can be accessed through Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT, Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. CT. Client Service is available via a toll-free phone number or email. Additionally, IC System clients are given access to a suite of reference material and account information on our Online Tools.
- Is there a minimum to the number of debts that my office can submit? + − IC System will accept as few as one account for collection. For details, please contact an IC System collection expert at 1-800-279-3511 or sign up to Request Pricing.
- What happens if my past-due consumers refuse to pay IC System? + − In addition to letters and phone calls, IC System’s collection efforts include optional services such as Credit Reporting, Credit Monitoring, Non-Litigation Attorney Referral, and more. Learn more on our Programs & Rates page.